HPI Venture Toyota FJ Cruiser Rock Crawler RTR, 1/10, Gunmetal Grey
- Factory-assembled & pre-painted electric-powered full-time 4WD 1/10 scale offroad truck
- Officially licensed replica Toyota FJ Cruiser body
- Functional roof rack plus side mirrors
- Front bumper features brush guard, light mounts and Dring shackles
- Rear bumper features swing-away spare tyre mount and Dring shackles
- Adjustable rock rail side sliders help the truck get over tough obstacles
- Formed steel C-channel chassis rails
- Front mount motor and transmission position for ultimate scale realism
- Front weight bias improves climbing traction and provides more realistic driving
- All-metal gear drivetrain for extreme durability
- Central transfer case with slider driveshafts to front and rear differentials
- Transfer case prevents motor stall for the best climbing action
- Transfer case also straightens & lowers centre driveshafts for more efficient power transfer
- Axles feature small diff case or “pumpkin” size for best possible ground clearance
- Aluminium differential pumpkin cover
- Locked differentials for superb off-road climbing traction
- 12mm aluminium hex hubs to fit any available crawler wheels
- Shock towers have multiple shock mounting positions to allow for wheelbase options
- BTA (Behind The Axle) steering linkage for improved approach and departure angles
- Panhard bar for scale looks and optimised geometry with zero bump steer
- Zero Ackermann high steer knuckle design for improved obstacle clearance and tighter turning radius
- 3-link front and triangulated 3-link rear suspension
- Oilf-illed aluminium coil-over shock absorbers (6390mm stroke)
- Adjustable threaded shock bodies for quick ride height changes
- Dual-stage shock springs
- Aluminium lower link/shock mounts
- Aluminium panhard mounts
- CMS (Chassis Mounted Servo) realistic steering setup
- Adjustable body mounting to fit any style of offroad body
- Fully braced rear body mounts
- All-terrain Rockthorn 109mm x 38mm soft S-Compound tyres with chunky tread blocks
- Beadlock style CR10 tenspoke 1.9” wheels
- HPI 35-turn crawler spec motor provides speed as well as crawling torque
- HPI waterproof SC3SWP3 Crawler Edition adjustable electronic speed control
- HPI water-resistant SS20WR steering servo
- HPI TF40 2.4GHz radio system with carry handle
- HPI waterproof 2.4GHz receiver in protective case
- Full set of ball bearings
- Includes NiMH battery and charger and 4 AA batteries for radio transmitte
Official replica of the Toyota FJ Cruiser
The Toyota FJ Cruiser body included with the Venture RTR kit is completely outfitted with a range of fabulous scale items that would be extras on many other scaler trucks. In addition to the officially licensed replica FJ Cruiser body on its own, you’ll find a pair of side mirrors, a functional roof rack ready for a range of scale accessories, a working swing-away spare tyre mount on the back bumper, working D-ring shackles on the front and rear bumpers, tubular brush guard and mounts for LED lights on the front bumper, and adjustable-width rock rails that help the truck glide over tough obstacles.
The Venture FJ Cruiser features a formed steel C-channel chassis and cross braces as the foundation for a realistic truck chassis. To make sure the truck has a front weight bias that improves its climbing ability, the 35-turn crawler-spec motor and the transmission are mounted right up front – just like in a real truck! For additional weight up front, the steering servo is also mounted to the chassis next to the motor.
Advanced truck steering
The steering system for scale RC trucks is very important – and that’s why the Venture FJ Cruiser was designed with the latest advancements in steering and suspension for strength as well as realism. This makes the Venture the most versatile scaler truck on the trail! With a Chassis-Mounted Servo (CMS) and Behind The Axle (BTA) steering, plus a functional Panhard bar, you get perfect scale looks with realistic and ideal performance, no matter what terrain you’re hitting. Aluminum mounts for the Panhard bar and aluminium steering plates add the strength and durability to give you total confidence on the trail.
SC-3SWP3 Crawler Edition ESC
The Venture FJ is equipped with a highly versatile and fully waterproof HPI SC-3SWP3 Crawler Edition electronic speed controller, which is packed with a full range of adjustments and capabilities. In addition to being able to take power from the included 2000mAh NiMH (nickel-metal-hydride) rechargeable battery pack, you can swap the battery for a 2S or 3S LiPo (lithium-polymer) battery for extra power and runtime. The Venture on 3S is a beast on the trail!
The SC-3SWP3 Crawler Edition also features our HDC Hill Descent Control adjustable electronic drag brake system to make driving down steep declines more controllable at all angles – just like modern luxury off-roaders!
High Torque SS-20WR Steering Servo
The water-resistant HPI SS-20WR steering servo is the ideal companion for the Venture electronics package. This is a high torque servo with up to 6.5kg-cm/90 oz-in holding power at 6V, plus it’s water-resistant so it can easily handle splashes and water drops when from driving through puddles, snow and mud. Mounted directly to the chassis next to the motor, it provides extra weight over the front axle to enhance the front weight bias of the Venture.
35-Turn Crawler Spec Motor
A sealed, brushed motor with 35 turns provides the perfect mix of speed on the trail and crawling torque for climbing steep embankments and obstacles. It’s a standard 540-size motor, so it’s easy to change the motor for something else you’ve got in your collection. Thanks to the all-metal gears in the transmission and standard electronics sizing, you can easily upgrade to a brushless motor and 3S battery for extra speed and wheelspin to get over anything.
|Dimensions||40 × 30 × 30 cm|